Sledding and Velogemel ridingEnjoy speeding down...
Enjoy speeding down...
the groomed runs in the Jungfrau region – on a sled or with a Grindelwald-style “snow bike”.
No Swiss winter experience would be complete without sledding. We offer you an exquisite descent on one of the numerous sledding runs in the Jungfrau region, on a snow bike or a modern steerable sled, which can also be ridden in the traditional way. Invented and patented in Grindelwald, the snow bike, or “Velogemel”, is a traditional way to navigate snow-covered roads and footpaths.
With a bit of practice and after learning the proper technique from our OUTDOOR guides, all group members will master or perhaps rediscover the sledding skills they often acquired as children. We’re also happy to take those new to sledding under our wing to ensure they are also able to enjoy their first runs down the mountain on a sled. The perfect way to finish a sledding run is with refreshments and/or fondue outdoors or in an alpine hut or restaurant.
To ensure everyone has a good time sledding, we have adopted the following safety guidelines:
• Maximum of 12 participants per guide
• Detailed instruction before the descent
• Additional guidance during the descent, e.g. approaching steep section
• All participants given head lamps for evening/night activities
• All guides are equipped with high-visibility vests and can communicate with each other
• We recommend that you refrain from consuming alcohol before the descent
• Wearing a helmet is recommended
This event is designed to facilitate team building:
Sledding or snow biking is a group activity that facilitates mutual understanding of others, taking collective responsibility for stronger and weaker participants and promotes the team building process.
- Number of participants: 10 to 200 persons (with Velogemel up to 40 persons)
- Duration of sledging: depending on the route, 30 - 90 mins
- Costs: on request
- Season: December - March (winter season)
- Optional activity combinations: Sledge building, Alpine games, Snow sculpting, Stollenloch, outdoor Aperitif, Fondue making
- Location: Grindelwald
- Applicable for: side event seminar or workshop, incentive, team event, corporate event