Swiss Open-Air Museum
A museum packed with life!
Discover Switzerland in a day on foot or in a horse-drawn carriage. At the Ballenberg Open-Air Museum there are over 100 original, centuries-old Swiss houses and farms to see. Travel back hundreds of years in time and experience how people lived and worked in earlier days.
Highlights – the perfect excursion destination
- Over 100 Swiss houses and farms to see and touch
- More than 200 farm animals that you can pet and – in some cases – feed
- A petting zoo where you can get really close to the animals
- More than 8 crafts can be seen and tried every day
- Various children's games and a children's playground for youngsters to run around and have fun
- A roundabout for younger and older children
- Hands-On House for young and old
- Various barbecue and picnic areas for recharging the batteries
- Three restaurants with a tempting range of dishes
- Ballenberg Shop with specialties from Ballenberg
- Flower, vegetable and herb gardens for relaxation
- Attractive events spread over the entire year
Summer theater 2021
Zunder und Plunder
about people at the edge of society
from July 10 to September 5, 2001
The theatre spectacle is included in the ticket price.